This is a long overdue ‘response’ but by no means does that say I don’t feel honored. My internet connection was not existent for a while and then things just got busy and made it impossible for me to have the energy to go online and write.
But here I am, celebrating two Versatile Blogger Awards passed on to me by two amazing writers, Rachel Joy of Cool Bean Mommas and Janine of Reflections From A Red Head. Thank you, ladies!! Make sure you visit their sites and I promise you won’t regret it. I had this same award earlier this year so the challenge now is to not repeat things about myself.
According to the rules, I need to
--thank the person/s that gave me the award and link back to them
--share 7 things about myself (hopefully they will be new to you instead of old news)
--pass the award to 15 recently discovered bloggers (let them know).
So here are seven (more) things about me which hopefully I’ve not shared before:
1. When 9/11 happened, I was in Manila and it was night time. I was on the phone with my bff as we were doing a postmortem on a Sex and The City episode that was just aired. I had the television on , watching CNN and when I saw images of the WTC, I initially thought it was a movie and could not believe it was actually for real.
2. I lose all control when face to face with a bag of Lindt Lindor Truffles. I pretty much get into a trance-like state, focused only on consuming said heavenly treat.
3. Since my fairly recent discovery of Lisa Eldridge, (thanks to my friend Kat), I have been quite addicted to watching her Youtube videos. When I was much younger, I was never into girly stuff but now, oddly, I have become more interested in such things. It could also be that I'm seeing more lines, spots and wrinkles now and feel the need to do some magic on my face.
4. In high school, I was a huge fan of Spandau Ballet and had an insane crush on Steve Norman, the saxophone guy. I'm proud to say that to this date, even after decades, he's still the cutest, don't you agree?
|He's the one in the middle (S.Norman)|
5. One of the things that struck me about my husband when we were still dating were his hands/arms. I think I have a thing for hands and more importantly arms. They need to look quite masculine (not necessarily muscular) with the right amount of hair. I think it's sexy. (Is this getting too weird now???)...
6. Dreams are important to me and unlike most people, I actually don't feel rested when I wake up and find that I can't remember any of my dreams. I know this is the opposite of having a truly restful sleep but I enjoy remembering my dreams and get a kick out of being able to analyze them. Oh and yes, I am capable of lucid dreaming. This totally comes in handy when chased by vampires, demons or hit men.
7. Stroller Moms (or any group of mothers I see hanging out together) terrify me. I've had terrible experiences with some mothers in play groups and have concluded that I will never gel with any of them or their kind. These are the moms who believe in their hearts they know everything about 'proper' child-rearing, refuse to talk about anything else but their children and every breath, hiccup, fart, poop and drool made by their 'angels' all day, and carry the facade of Super Mom. What scares me even more is the thought that they COULD BE truly Super Moms and hanging out with them only further highlights my inadequacies. I don't need anyone to do that for me. I am perfectly capable of doing that myself, thank you very much.
And now, to pass on this award to (15) bloggers (not recently discovered, though, but these ladies are some of my all-time favorites, in random order):
*Jen of Writings of An Infertile Ballerina
*Marie of Scrollwork
*Kathy of My Dishwasher's Possessed
*Suzanne of List, Lust, Lost
*Sophia of Sophia The Writer
*TV of TV's Take
*Samantha of SamanthaSotto.com
Okay, so I don't have 15 on my list. Aren't you thankful I'm not asking you to visit too many? Have a great day reading these awesome writers!