Friday, July 16, 2010

Fortune Friday 7.16.10: WANTED: Genie

“If your desires are not extravagant, they will be granted.”

Why should my desires not be extravagant for them to be granted?  Dreams are one of the few free things in this life so I say, feel free to dream big and dream away!  Besides, extravagance and simplicity are all relative.

So....here are a few things I desire today....

...to weigh 30lbs less, although I'd settle for just 10lbs in the meantime
...for all the washed clothes in the house to be magically folded or ironed
...a $5000 shopping allowance or gift cards for the Container Store, Bed Bath & Beyond and Ikea
...a bag of Lindt Lindor Dark Chocolate and Peanut Butter Truffles all for myself (which won't make me gain back the 10 or 30lbs I would've already lost!)
...true universal healthcare for all citizens of the world
...and of course, world peace.

I'm sure this list will be different in the next few moments but for now, at this moment, that is it.  Are there any available genies out there?....anyone????

I'd love to hear about your own wishes!  Would you care to share with me your top 5 for the day?

11 comments:

1. This very moment I just wish for a day at the spa!! Haaay!:))

ReplyDelete
  2. top 5 for today:
    1. lose the 7 kilos (at least) in 4 weeks
    2. have more eggs (TMI if i explain but is related to no. 1)
    3. 3 months paid leave (not as part of a redundancy package)
    4. cheaper flights to manila in december
    5. a wish for the hubby

ReplyDelete
  3. my desires today are not extravagant! i just want to go back-to-school shopping!

ReplyDelete
  4. Tina Pimentel ‎July 17, 2010 at 12:32 AM

July 16, 2010 23:30

1. Excellent health for my loved ones
    2. A fulfilling part time international development job void of political intrigues
    3. Quick, cheap, and direct flights to the US and Phils from Nepal.
    4. A beach house
    5. A boat

In truth, i struggled to think of more wishes beyond my 3rd... I figure with the first 3 wishes, I'd be happy, pero i think I'd be VERY happy if I get the 4th and 5th as well. :-)

ReplyDelete
  5. Peach Fondevilla MontesaJuly 17, 2010 at 12:33 AM

I agree, extravagance and simplicity are relative.

My top 5 as of this moment:
    1. The best decision for our family as we're currently at crossroads
    2. Good health and safety for me and my loved ones
    3. A wish for Carlo
    4. A wish for Vito
    5. A wish for Ella

May all our dreams and wishes come true! =)

ReplyDelete
  6. My wishes for today:

1. I wish i didn't have to be on a low carb detox regimen so that I can eat the cupcakes that are sitting on my kitchen counter
    2. I wish we can be upgraded on our flight to the US this August
    3. I wish the boys would start sleeping and waking up earlier
    4. I wish for good health for all of us
    5. I wish for a better economy and job security for all

ReplyDelete
  7. How come most of us seem to be on a low-carb diet these days??? ;-)) And why must carbs be sooooo delicious????!!!

ReplyDelete
  8. Peach Fondevilla MontesaJune 23, 2011 at 12:13 PM

I agree, extravagance and simplicity are relative.

My top 5 as of this moment:
    1. The best decision for our family as we're currently at crossroads
    2. Good health and safety for me and my loved ones
    3. A wish for Carlo
    4. A wish for Vito
    5. A wish for Ella

May all our dreams and wishes come true! =)

ReplyDelete
  9. Peach Fondevilla MontesaJune 23, 2011 at 12:28 PM

I agree, extravagance and simplicity are relative.

My top 5 as of this moment:
    1. The best decision for our family as we're currently at crossroads
    2. Good health and safety for me and my loved ones
    3. A wish for Carlo
    4. A wish for Vito
    5. A wish for Ella

May all our dreams and wishes come true! =)

ReplyDelete
  10. Peach Fondevilla MontesaJune 23, 2011 at 12:31 PM

I agree, extravagance and simplicity are relative.

My top 5 as of this moment:
    1. The best decision for our family as we're currently at crossroads
    2. Good health and safety for me and my loved ones
    3. A wish for Carlo
    4. A wish for Vito
    5. A wish for Ella

May all our dreams and wishes come true! =)

ReplyDelete
  11. Peach Fondevilla MontesaJune 29, 2011 at 3:18 PM

I agree, extravagance and simplicity are relative.

My top 5 as of this moment:
    1. The best decision for our family as we're currently at crossroads
    2. Good health and safety for me and my loved ones
    3. A wish for Carlo
    4. A wish for Vito
    5. A wish for Ella

May all our dreams and wishes come true! =)

ReplyDelete

Let me know your thoughts!